Room of the Week – minimal white bedroom

September 19, 2012

This weeks Room of the Week is a minimal white bedroom. From the House to Home galleries the pure interior is complemented by a number of accessories that provide the interest.

Decorating with a very plain interior can be a very effective look if you do it correctly. This interior is such a success as the pared down decorating scheme serves as a great backdrop for interesting accessories. If you choose to go this plain, makes such the decoration is correct so the room doesn’t become plain and just boring.

Based in Islington Folklore would be a good place to source accessories for a simply decorated room. The owners started the company “with a simple idea that better living is possible through design”. This simple box pendant uses cardboard from discarded and used boxes to make a unique light fitting.

The wonderful Hay mirror from Twenty Twentyone would also work very well in this interior. With a frame of powder coated steel the strap is in grey silicone. The mirror measures 70cm and would make a great impact in any room. I want one of these for my own home!

If you do pare down your decoration, it is often the textures of the furnishings that add interest. Richly textured fabrics will add another layer of detail to your home. I love the fabric of de la Cuona for doing this, they have some of the most gorgeous linens available.

If you have enjoyed this post why don’t you head over to our page on Facebook, or follow Andrew for his regular updates on twitter. Full details of all our Interior Design and Build services can be found on our website.

1. September 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Love these tips for minimal decorating. It’s easy to get it wrong and end up with something that feels bland/boxy. I love that circular mirror and pendant too!

• September 19, 2012 5:16 pm

So true Becky, minamilist can be a great look – but no-one wants to live with a boring room!

2. September 19, 2012 6:05 pm

I could dwell here. Love the calmness of this space.

3. October 10, 2012 1:42 pm

A stunning look, particularly as we move into this time of year. I have enjoyed the simple ‘scandi-chic’ look all year and I’m thinking luxurious faux furs and velvets will top this look off perfectly for the cooler months! Great post!

4. hjonesplumbs permalink
    October 10, 2012 1:43 pm

A stunning look, particularly for this time of year! I have enjoyed the ‘Scandi-chic’ style this year and I’m thinking luxurious faux furs and velvets will top the look off nicely for the cooler months ahead!

5. October 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I love this look. Always seem to have too much “stuff” to achieve it but it seems so calm and relaxing.

6. October 19, 2012 10:00 am

Ah I just wish to have a space like this… so cool calm yet very chic and elegant. Sadly can’t have such colors around when you are mom to two little brats!