BlogTourNYC … who’s attending?

January 17, 2012

Finally after many months of anticipation the full line up of the attendees of this years BlogTourNYC organised by Modenus was announced yesterday. Design bloggers around the world have been eagerly waiting the announcement and the list of attendees includes some fantastic blogs.

The first BlogTour was held last September when a group of bloggers from the US visited London during the Design Festival. Following the success of BlogTour2011 a trip to the Architectural Digest Home Design Show is planned for March, with other trips to Milan, Paris and back to London planned for 2012.

Modenus states that “The mission of Blogtour is to further the understanding and awareness of design in the US, UK and Europe and support networking and information exchange between design bloggers, designers, artisans and manufacturers while providing more exposure for international design events.” Anyone who attended the events last September and saw the interactions between the bloggers could see just how well the concept worked!

The first two attendees of BlogTourNYC were announced last year – Hannah Coleman and Stacey Sheppard, who both won a competition on the Modenus blog. My own name was added to the list of attendees when I became the official blogger for Decorex in September 2011.

At the end of 2012 Modenus asked for design blog nominations to help them select the remaining 12 bloggers who would go to New York. Design bloggers could also be nominated for other BlogTour events to be held in 2012. With nearly 200 recommendations received the competition was tough – a quick read of the comments on the post shows a great selection of design blogs from around the world.

While Modenus organises the BlogTour (and puts in a huge amount of work!) it wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of the sponsors. The sponsors for the trip to New York are Blanco America, Du Verre Hardware, Miele USA, Poggenpohl US, Samuel Heath, Scholtes America and Spirit of Sports. I have already specified 3 of these companies for clients and am looking forward to learning more about the others during our trip to New York.

So who was selected? The list of the announced attendees is below with a link to their blogs. It’s a great selection of bloggers from both sides of the pond and with a wide variety of interests. With such diversity the posts from BlogTourNYC are bound to appeal to everyone with an interest in design.

Kate Baxter – The Fabric Of My Life

Emily Peck – ACHICA Living

Marilyn Russell-Grant – Design Magnifique

Stacey Sheppard – Stacey Sheppard’s blog

Will Taylor – Bright Bazaar

Arianna Trapani – Arianna Interiors

Katie Treggiden – Confession of a Design Geek

BlogTourNYC is scheduled to start around 22 March 2012 so subscribe to my blog for regular updates from the visit. Combining my love of design with my love of New York will make some interesting posts – and I expect to be tweeting @andrewdunning from the many events we will be attending. Thank you Modenus for inviting me to BlogTourNYC, I can’t wait!

1. January 17, 2012 10:26 am

So delighted to be part of this Andrew, my heart is beating with so much joy and excitment.
    London’s blog tour 2011 really was something else so I just know NYC is going to be even bigger and better – I can not wait to spend time with such amazing people – Thank you Blog tour and all the sponsors making this possible – a dream come true for all

• January 17, 2012 10:41 am

It is going to be huge Hannah, there are some great people on the tour and I am honoured to be included. Can’t wait to see the full programme … start spreading the news 🙂

2. January 17, 2012 10:26 am

How exciting Andrew, well done, some great bloggers going too, some I haven’t encountered yet so thanks for the list, I’ll duly add them to my list of interesting blogs to check out. x

• January 17, 2012 10:42 am

There really are some great blogs Debra, from contemporary styling through to antiques – should be a great trip

3. January 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh Andrew, you overachiever 🙂 🙂
    What a great post. Thank you so much for barging ahead and putting this great intro to BlogTour NYC together.
    I can’t wait to see everyone in March.

V

4. January 17, 2012 10:15 pm

So excited Andrew! Thanks for popping by today. We are going to have such a great time in New York! xx

5. YHBHS blog interiors + art permalink
    January 18, 2012 12:45 am

So looking forward to this trip to NY. Andrew, this is a great post, and look forward to meeting in person! See you in March….

6. January 18, 2012 12:47 am

Geez! Such pressure to impress you guys with the Architectural Digest Home Design Show and DIFFA’s Dining by Design NY! Hope not to disappoint… Thank you for the plug Andrew. Look forward to meeting everybody.

• January 18, 2012 3:20 pm

I’m sure you guys will step up to the plate and impress us all 🙂 Look forward to seeing you in March – the AD show looks wonderful. Dining by Design looks awesome too – combining my other love too!

7. Marilyn G Russell, ASID, NEWH, IIDA permalink
    January 18, 2012 2:54 am

This a fab write-up to start. I’m thrilled with sheer joy and can’t stop buzzing about the house, office in excitement. I know this is going to be an exciting trip. I too am honored to be in such great company. Big huge thanks to Modenus and the Sponsors for making this happen!!! Be seeing you soon Andrew!!!!

ps. Great Blog which I’m following now 🙂

• January 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Agree that BlogTourNYC is going to be fabulous Marilyn, I am hugely excited too – 2 months time and we’ll be on our way …

8. January 19, 2012 2:50 am

Well, Andrew, I will surely see you in New York and look forward to it! You will all have the best time ever, just like we all did in London. I’ll see you at the AD show for sure. See you soon!

9. January 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Andrew thank you for the terrific spotlight on our group. Honored to be included and I can’t wait to meet you in March.

10. February 23, 2012 11:13 am

This is such a great post, Andrew! I am thrilled to see what’s starting to bubble forth on everyone’s blog from all of you attending and I will look forward to seeing you in NYC!

Keep your eyes peeled, too, please: Today on http://olioboard.com, we announce the winners of our client and your #BlogTourNYC sponsor, @SpiritofSports ‘ , 3D Mancave contest!

Thanks, Andrew! I hope you’re having a great day!

Leslie

• February 24, 2012 5:23 pm

I watched the Nate show where the Olioboard competition was announced – it was great. I saw your clients artwork – beautiful!

11. February 19, 2013 12:48 pm

I would like to appreciate your creative designing efforts , Your blog is full of the quality content and design of your blog is also very impressive .

Trackbacks

1. Crate & Barrel « APD Interiors Blog
  2. 4 products for 4 rooms … from 4 BlogTourNYC sponsors « APD Interiors Blog
  3. Scholtès … a BlogTourNYC sponsor « APD Interiors Blog
  4. Du Verre … a BlogTourNYC sponsor « APD Interiors Blog
  5. Room of the Week – modern kitchen … a BlogTourNYC special « APD Interiors Blog
  6. Heritage = quality, Samuel Heath … a BlogTourNYC sponsor « APD Interiors Blog
  7. Big Ass Fans, not for the faint hearted … a BlogTourNYC sponsor « APD Interiors Blog
  8. Room of the Week – modern bathroom … a BlogTour NYC special « APD Interiors Blog
  9. What would be in your BlogTourNYC goodie bag? « APD Interiors Blog
  10. A bigger BlogTourNYC goodie bag needed! « APD Interiors Blog
  11. Top 5 Discoveries on Blog Tour NYC « APD Interiors Blog
  12. 4 products for 4 rooms … discoveries from BlogTourNYC « APD Interiors Blog
  13. Room of the Week – living room with feature wall « APD Interiors Blog
  14. The New Traditionalists « APD Interiors Blog
  15. 4 products for 4 rooms … « APD Interiors Blog
  16. 4 products for 4 rooms by Andrew Dunning of APD Interiors
  17. A bigger BlogTourNYC goodie bag may be needed!